Thursday, March 17, 2011

REVIEW: Bar n Mirror


The Topeak Bar n Mirror is an important staple on both of my bikes. I generally use my bikes for urban riding and don't like any dangly parts jutting out from my bike, so I naturally dislike the usual mirrors found on bikes. I also like things that do double duty if possible so I don't have to mount as many things to get the job done. The mirrors are much improved over a previous model I had, now incorporating a convex fold-out mirror to give a much wider view of the road. Mind you, getting them set up is a little tricky as you have to determine a happy medium for where your bars want to sit and the best view for the mirrors.

The mirrors are adjustable when you pul them out but only to a point and it is essential to get the angle right on the handlebar. Durability is not an issue, as I have had my older model for 7 years with no problems and the bike has taken plenty of tumbles with nothing but cosmetic damage. I would not recommend them for people that do more long distance riding, the view is good, but there are mirrors with a much better view. But for something that stays out of the way when you need them, they work great and I highly recommend them!

No comments: